Credit Guide & Privacy Consent
Credit Guide Overview
The National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 states we must provide consumers with a Credit Guide and Quote as soon as practical after it becomes apparent we are likely to provide credit assistance. The Credit Guide and Quote contains information on the service we provide, details of our obligations under the NCCP Act 2009 to ensure credit is not unsuitable for your circumstances, maximum fees and charges payable to us by you as the consumer, a guide to the commissions we may receive from credit providers, and details of fees that may be payable by Savvy to third party referrers.
Services we Provide
Our Credit Assistance services in sourcing and arranging a suitable loan include:
- Obtaining further information from, including but not limited to, employers, accountants, and credit reporting agencies;
- Investigating suitable loans and providing you with information about one or more loans that meet you objectives;
- Assessing, verifying and documenting information, ensuring the chosen loan is not unsuitable for you;
- Helping you complete the application, compiling the document required by the credit provider and submitting the application to the credit provider;
- Liaising with the credit provider during the approval process, providing any further information that may be required and notifying you of the credit providers decision;
- Assisting with the finalisation of the loan required
Our “Licensee” obligations to ensure credit is not “unsuitable”
To help us ascertain a credit contract is not unsuitable, we are required by law to:
- Make reasonable enquiries about your requirements and objectives
- Make reasonable enquiries about your current financial situation
- Take reasonable steps to verify the information
If at the time of assessment there is evidence suggesting you are unable to afford the repayments of the credit provided, or the credit provided will cause substantial hardship, or the credit provided will not meet your requirements/objectives, then the credit will be deemed unsuitable.
Due to the importance of proving credit is not unsuitable, we will require a significant amount of information, and accuracy of this information is equally important.
To ensure a credit contract if not unsuitable, we will complete a preliminary assessment of your requirements and financial position. We must keep this preliminary assessment for 7 years. You may request a copy of this preliminary assessment within 7 years of the assistance being provided. We are only required to provide a copy of this assessment if we give you credit assistance.
Commission paid by Credit Providers
Savvy and / or its employees, credit representatives, or Directors, may receive commissions from a credit provider, where we have provided credit assistance to the applicant. These commissions are not fees payable by you. This commission may be in between 0.00% and 6.00% of the amount financed under a credit contract where Savvy has provided credit assistance. Savvy and / or its employees, credit representatives or Directors, may also receive incentives from the financiers. Savvy may also receive a volume bonus from a credit provider. This is usually between 0% – 1% of the amount financed.
Commissions paid by Savvy to third party referrers
On some occasions you may have been referred to us by a third party and we may pay that third party a fee or commission for referring you to us. Such third parties might include, but are not limited to car dealerships, accountants, mortgage brokers, real estate agents, financial advisors. These referral fees / commissions are usually between $1 – $500 or up to 30% of our total commissions.
Consent and Acknowledgement
By signing this document, acknowledging acceptance by submitting your enquiry, emailing your acceptance to us, e-signing this document, or respond by sending through your supporting documentation requested for an application, you:
- Accept the quote provided for providing credit assistance;
- Confirm the appointment of the credit license to provide credit assistance and to arrange credit on my/our behalf;
- Authorise the Credit Licensee to perform the actions outlines in the Privacy Statement section of this document, and acknowledge that I/ We have received a copy of the Credit Guide;
If you have a complaint
Internal Dispute Resolution
Within our business we follow specific procedures to try to resolve any complaints that you may have. If you have a complaint, please contact our office via email at [email protected]. They will try to resolve all concerns quickly and fairly.
External Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we cannot resolve your complaint in a satisfactory manner, or you have not received a response from us after 45 days, you can escalate your complaint to the below Ombudsman, a free and independent dispute resolution service provider.
Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
Free call number: 1800 931 678
A copy of AFCA’s dispute resolution policy is available at https://www.afca.org.au.
Savvy’s membership number is 43734.
You can check the information we hold about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Level 1, 145 The Parade, Norwood, South Australia, 5067
Overview – Privacy
Quantum Savvy Pty Ltd, ACN 660 493 194, T/As Savvy, (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) collects information about you for the purpose you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent. When you sign below, you agree we can, consistently with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use and exchange credit and personal information about you for those purposes.
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable:
To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- Commercial credit for business purposes; or
- Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent); or
- To support a guarantor application you will provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from your to assess your credit, or guarantor, application or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, source a suitable credit provider and any required insurances and to manage the application process, where required. If you do not provide the information sought we may be unable to process your application, or the company’s application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which is reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, from one or more CRBs.
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness.
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB
- How you can obtain the credit providers and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information
- Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).
You have the right to ask:
- Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you.
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect.
- The CRB not to use our information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening.
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it hold about you.
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at Level 1, 145 The Parade, Norwood, South Australia, 5067. Or by telephone on 1300 974 066 or email at [email protected]. In some cases an administration fee may be charges to cover the cost of providing the information.
Disclosure and Consent
By Signing below, you agree we may:
Use your personal and credit information:
- To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which your are a director.
- To source any finance you require.
- To source any insurance you require.
As the law authorises or requires:
- Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances required;
- Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantors(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
- Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor;
- Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
- Provide you, or the company of which your are a director with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
- Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitises and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us; and
- Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
You also agree and consent to, as appropriate:
- A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director.
- When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor.
- A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor.
- A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you.
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company’s information, in each of the ways listed above.
Our credit providers
Latitude Group – www.latitudefinancial.com.au
Moneyme Financial Group Pty Ltd (autopay) – www.autopay.com.au
WISR Finance Pty Ltd – www.wisr.com.au
Branded Financial Services Pty Ltd – www.brandedfinancial.com.au
Volkswagen Financial Services Pty Ltd – www.vwfs.com.au
Australian Motorcycle and Marine Finance Pty Ltd – www.ammf.com.au
Automotive Financial Services Pty Ltd – www.afs.com.au
Westpac – www.westpac.com.au
Commercial Equity Group Ltd – www.commercialequity.com.au
Capital Finance Australia Limited – www.capitalfinance.com.au
Macquarie Bank Ltd – www.macquarie.com.au
United Loan Solutions Pty Ltd (Gedda Money) – www.gedda.com.au
R.A.C.V. Finance Limited – www.racv.com.au
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited – www.anz.com.au
Secure Funding Pty Ltd (Liberty) – www.liberty.com.au
Moula Money Pty Ltd – www.moula.com.au
Pepper Asset Finance Pty Ltd – www.peppergroup.com.au
SocietyOne Australia Pty Ltd – www.societyone.com.au
Fin One Pty Ltd – www.finone.com.au
Business Fuel (Cash Advance) Pty Ltd – www.businessfuel.com.au
Zwab Ventures Pty Ltd (Biz Cap) – www.bizcap.com.au
Metro Finance Pty Ltd / Metro CF Pty Ltd – www.metrofin.com.au
Money 3 Corporation Limited – www.money3.com.au
Lumi Finance Pty Ltd – www.lumi.com.au
Green Light Auto Group Pty Ltd – https://greenlightauto.finance
Thornmoney Pty Ltd – www.thorn.money
Plenti RE Limited – www.plenti.com.au
Scottish Pacific Business Finance Pty Ltd – www.scotpac.com.au
Azora Finance (Services) Pty Ltd – www.azora.com.au
Flexicommercial Pty Ltd – www.flexicommercial.com
Morris Finance Ltd – www.morrisfinance.com.au
Multipli Pty Ltd – www.multipli.com.au
Firstmac Limited – www.firstmac.com.au
EarlyPay Ltd – www.earlypay.com.au
Ume Loans Pty Ltd – www.umeloans.com.au
Judo Bank Pty Ltd – www.judo.bank
Krisp Money Pty Ltd – www.krisp.com.au
CBA Asset Finance – www.commbank.com.au
Medfin Australia Pty Ltd – www.medfin.com.au
Credit Corp Financial Services Pty Limited – www.carstart.com.au
National Australia Bank Limited – www.nab.com.au
Specialist Equipment Leasing Finance Company Pty Ltd – www.selfco.com.au
Affordable Car Loans Pty Ltd – www.affordablecarloans.com.au
Westpac Banking Corporation – www.westpac.com.a
Now Finance Group Pty Ltd – www.nowfinance.com.au
Grow Finance Limited – www.grow.com.au
Group & General Finance Pty Ltd – www.groupandgeneral.com
Bank of Queensland Limited – www.boqfinance.com.au
Angle Finance – www.anglefinance.com.au
Australian Premier Finance Company Pty Ltd – www.australianpremierfinance.com.au
Resimac Asset Finance Pty Ltd – resimacassetfinance.com.au